What to do when you lost money in Online Fraud: Call Cyber Security Helpline 155260 to register your Cyber Crime Complaints
Advance technology has changed our day-to-day life activity be it banking or business each can be done with a click. But this technology has introduced a crime known as cybercrime in multiple forms like phishing, cyberstalking, botnets, or Online money scams. The government has introduced a helpline 155260 to register Cyber Crime Complaints.
According to a report, 90% of cyber attacks occur due to human negligence. It is always advised to keep your password random, never share OTP, never pay an unknown person.
How to Register Cyber Crime Complaints
The government of India has introduced a new helpline number, 155260 for financial fraud victims who can register here. Many states like Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh have already implemented the Citizen helpline feature of “Financial Cyber Fraud Reporting and Management System“. In other states, people can register complaints through the portal.
You will be asked basic information like transaction details, details of the bank account from which fraud has been done. Once you have registered the complaint, you have to complete the registration of the complaint through the portal within 24 hours. A Designated Police officer will be assigned and who will be helping the victim after verifying the complaint, will initiate blocking of money involved in the fraud.
It is always advised to share details of such fraud with the helpline and help the Indian Government to find such criminals and punish them according to law.
Government claims users will get there money back within 7-8 minutes after registering complaint.
Tips to avoid Cyber Crimes:
- Don’t share your Internet Banking Password with anyone.
- Avoid sharing Credit/Debit Cards details like CVV pin or ATM Pin.
- Be cautious while using public Wi-Fi, avoid using banking through open Wi-Fi.
- Never click on the link shared by unknown people.
- Never share details of SIM Card it may lead to Sim Swapping Fraud.
- To avoid skimming always check the surrounding before entering ATM Pin.
- Use Virtual Keyboard while using Net Banking.
- Never save card details on any of the websites it may be compromised if the website fails to manage the security of the Data.
- Always use a random password for Net Banking and other payment-related sites.
To get more details about click here.
Read more about Dassault Raffle.